Thursday, January 3, 2013

Arrival

January 3rd, 2013
1:39 pm

All settled in Alicante after quite the adventure traveling out here:

Recap:

I flew to London from PHX with Camila and Caitlyn at 9:10pm. We arrived in London and had less than 30 minutes to make our connecting flight. We all started running frantically to the flight connections, through security, and to the gates. In this frenzy, all three of us became separated, so it was every woman for herself. With less than 10 minutes to get through security and board, I not only went to the wrong gate, but left my laptop at security and had to run back and retrieve it. All whilst not wearing my shoes. Oh the looks I got...

Camila ended up missing the connection. Caitlyn was slotted to take a bus from Madrid to Alicante, so what began as a 3 person group soon became solo traveling. However, as I was waiting for my Alicante connection in Madrid, Camila had actually made a later flight and arrived in time to make the original 3rd connecting flight.

In Alicante, Iberia realized that my bag never left London. I am currently waiting on it to be sent to Porta Maris tomorrow morning. So I'll be in the same dirty clothes for 3 days :P

Camila and I arrived at the hotel near 11:30pm on the 2nd. Caitlyn eventually got there close to 5:30 in the morning, and we had no idea until after we woke up and saw her in the spare cot in the room. Turns out she was stuck at the Madrid airport for 6 hours, and had to take a midnight charter bus to Alicante.

End Recap

Today we had our first drinks of the trip at breakfast: Mimosas ^_^ We then went and hiked to the Castillo de Santa Barbara. We get to experience our first Spanish siesta, perhaps followed by a Spanish fiesta later on tonight. Already quite the adventure!

Side note: I've been sick and blowing my nose this entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment